MEMPHIS, TN—Creative communications consulting firm DCA collected 11 campaign and collateral awards at the 49th annual American Advertising Awards on Saturday, February 27 at the Columns at One Commerce Square.
Judged by creative directors from Chicago, Austin and Santa Monica, winning DCA work emphasized the firm’s instrumental value in relevant local movements and community fixtures from the Tennessee Brewery to the Memphis Grizzlies Foundation.
“We are particularly proud to be associated with projects that add value to the culture of our city,” said principal Doug Carpenter. “Driven by our clients’ missions, we work comprehensively to advance brands while honoring their DNA.”
Recognized DCA work includes:
· Tennessee Brewery: The Revival’s Luke McLuke Limited American Pale brand, Best of Apparel
· Memphis Grizzlies RiverFit “Grit” and “Grind” Staircases, Best of Guerilla Marketing
· Memphis Grizzlies Foundation 2015 Annual Report
· Bring It Food Hub Fall Campaign
· Tennessee Brewery: The Revival Campaign
· Explore Bike Share Campaign
· Dixon Art on Fire Invitation
· Dunavant Holiday branding
“The overwhelming traffic and exposure of the RiverFit stairs reflect DCA’s thoughtful design and process,” said Diane Terrell, VP of Community Engagement for the Grizzlies and Executive Director of the Grizzlies Foundation. “The art enhanced the stair functionality and made it a must-see attraction.”
“DCA created a narrative that far surpassed a simple pop-up beer concept,” said Benjamin Orgel, who led the Tennessee Brewery Revival effort. “They discovered the history of Luke McLuke, John Schorr’s race horse in the 1900s, and turned it into an entire legacy beer campaign. The Luke McLuke taps almost ran dry.”